The beautiful Chamber Room features one queen bed or two double beds with bathroom. Each Chamber Room has all the modern amenities with the wonderful Victorian charm.
The gorgeous King Chamber Room features one king bed with bathroom. Each King Chamber Room has all the modern amenities with the wonderful Victorian charm.
This stunning Chamber Suite features lots of space with two queen beds, a comfortable sitting area, desk with upholstered ergonomic chair, and bathroom. Each Chamber Suite has all the modern amenities with wonderful Victorian charm.
This large two-room Executive Suite features a bedroom with a king bed, living room, desk with upholstered ergonomic chair, and bathroom. The bedroom has a comfortable king bed with a 32" flat screen television. The living room has an excellent seating area as well as a 40" LG flat screen television. This suite can turn into a three bedroom suite, a connecting chamber room is available for additional charge. Each Executive Suite has all the modern amenities and the wonderful Victorian charm.
Actress Jessica Tandy stayed for three months in one of the executive suites while filming the movie "To Dance with the White Dog". One Executive Suite was named after her and the connecting room was named after her husband, actor Hume Cronin.
The Carter Presidential Suite is located in the round tower (turret) and has unvelievable 360 degree views of downtown Americus. The Carter Presidential Suite was named in honor of President Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States and a Sumter County native. In November 2002, President and Mrs. Carter spent the night in the Presidential Suite to officially make it the Carter Presidential Suite. The suite features an immaculate king bed,sitting area, desk with upholstered ergonomic chair, and bathroom. The Carter Presidential Suite has all the modern amenities with wonderful Victorian charm.
A private staircase leads to the Bridal Suite, which is located in the round tower (turret) and has unbelievable 360 degree views of downtown Americus. The suite features a custom-made demi-canopied king bed. It is rumored that John Dillinger or Al Capone spent the night in the Bridal Suite with an armed body guard posted at the foot of the private staircase. Special touches are available for guests spending the night in the Bridal Suite or any other rooms. Add a bottle of champagne and roses for an additional charge.
The Best Western PlusWindsor Hotel fitness center, complimentary to guests, includes a treadmill, bicycle, stair master, and weight lifting equipment.
The Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel Business Center, complimentary to guests, includes a computer, printer, and Wi-Fi access. Fax and copy services available on site.
The Windsor Hotel has recently undergone an extensive renovation and restoration. We are pleased to now be a part of the Best Western family, renamed BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Hotel.
Many a famous face has graced the Windsor during her history, including President Franklin D. Roosevelt, labor leader Eugene V. Debs, boxing champion John Sullivan, baseball greats Ty Cobb and ‘Shoeless Joe” Jackson, poet laureate Robert Bly, former President Constantinescu of Romania, entertainer Pat Boone, Chief Justice William Jennings Bryan, comedienne Rachel Feinstein, musicians John Orth and Blake Schwarzenbach, and in recent years Martin Sheen and his family. The acting couple of Jessica Tandy and Hume Cronyn stayed at the Windsor while filming the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie “To Dance With The White Dog”, in 1994. There is a suite on the 3rd floor named for Ms. Tandy, with a connecting room in Mr. Cronyn’s name. It is rumored that Al Capone stayed at the hotel in the 1930’s, with armed guards at the bottom of the Bridal Suite staircase.
All rooms at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Hotel are different shapes and sizes! The fabrics, furniture, designs, and colors used have been documented as authentic Victorian. Rooms have twelve feet ceilings with ceiling fans and plantation shutters on all the windows which gives each room a homey feel!
Come and experience the BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Hotel and be amongst history. Please call our reservations line at (229) 924-1555 to make your next reservation.
|Our renovation and restoration includes the following:
- All guest room door jams were stripped of layers of paint and restored to the original heart pine wood.
- All guest room windows were stripped of layers of paint and restored.
- All new Victorian style carpet throughout the hotel corridor and all guest rooms.
- All new paint throughout hotel and guest rooms.
- New period style stamp ceiling tiles within corridors.
- Fitness Center, including treadmill, bicycle, stair master, and weight lifting equipment.
- Business Center, including computer, printer, Wi-Fi access, fax and copy services available on site.
- 53 newly renovated rooms including 6 Suites and 2 Tower Suites
- Rosemary & Thyme Restaurant
- Floyd’s Pub
- 32” Flat Screen LG Televisions
- New bedding package with duvet and duvet covers.
- Granite countertops in all bathrooms
- New bathroom hardware, including rain shower heads
- Custom Desk with new upholstered ergonomic chairs
- New upholstered chairs and sofas
- One Cup Coffee Makers
- Microwave and Refrigerator
- Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning
- AM/FM radio with MP3 hook up line
- Complimentary Wireless and Hard-Wired Internet
- Wheelchair-accessible rooms
- Limited Room Service available
- Wake-up calls
- Daily newspaper
- A la carte Breakfast Served Daily in Rosemary & Thyme Restaurant
- Receive/Send Faxes
- 24 hour cancellation policy
- Check-in time 3 pm
- Check-out time 12 noon